Field Technician/Shop Mechanic | Balmoral, N.B.
Join our dynamic growing company that has been serving Atlantic Canada and Eastern Quebec since 1976.
A.L.P.A. Equipment is an Authorized Heavy Equipment Dealer for the world’s largest and most trusted names in construction and forestry equipment, such as: Ponsse, Hyundai Construction, JCB Construction, Terex | Fuchs, Landrich, and Rotobec.
Position Title: Field Technician/Shop Mechanic
Role and Purpose: Under the supervision of the Service Manager, the Field Technician/Shop Mechanic will be responsible to troubleshoot and repair forestry and construction equipment, working both at the company shop and at various locations or work sites.
- Work at company shop and travel to work sites to perform maintenance or repairs to equipment
- Diagnose, troubleshoot and repair forestry and construction equipment with the use of electronic diagnostic tools and calibration devices
- Test parts and systems to ensure that they are working properly
- Follow checklists to ensure that all critical parts are examined
- Test and lubricate the vehicle’s engine and other major components
- Perform basic care and maintenance, including oil changes, tune-ups, etc.
- Use testing equipment to ensure that repairs and maintenance are effective
- Overhaul and test machines or equipment to ensure operating efficiency
- Repair or replace worn parts
- Disassemble and reassemble parts
- Make recommendations on future repair or maintenance requirements
Working Conditions: Full-time – 40 plus hours/week, Overtime will be required
- High School Diploma and completion of or enrolled in a mechanic journeyman certification program
- Computer skills
- Other combinations of work/education equivalence may be considered.
- Sound mechanical knowledge
- Millwright experience would be an asset.
If you are committed to excellence, have high energy, are determined to succeed and interested in working in a rewarding team environment, we would like to speak with you.
We offer a competitive base salary, extended health and dental coverage, company pension plan, long-term disability, life insurance, and an employee & family assistance program.
Interested candidates should forward their resume to RH-HR@alpaequipment.com
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.