Field Technician / Shop Mechanic | Balmoral, N.B.
Field Technician/Shop Mechanic
Under the supervision of the Service Manager, the Field Technician/Shop Mechanic will be responsible to troubleshoot and repair forestry and construction equipment, working both at the company shop and at various locations or work sites.
- Work at company shop and travel to work sites to perform maintenance or repairs to equipment
- Diagnose, trouble shoot and repair forestry and construction equipment with the use of electronic diagnostic tools and calibration devices.
- Test parts and systems to ensure that they are working properly
- Follow checklists to ensure that all critical parts are examined
- Test and lubricate the vehicle’s engine and other major components
- Perform basic care and maintenance, including oil changes, tune ups, etc.
- Use testing equipment to ensure that repairs and maintenance are effective
- Overhaul and test machines or equipment to ensure operating efficiency
- Repair or replace worn parts
- Disassemble and reassemble parts
- Make recommendations on future repair or maintenance requirements
Education, experience, and skills required
- High School Diploma and completion of or enrolled in a mechanic journeyman certification program
- Computer skills
- Other combinations of work/education equivalence may be considered.
- Sound mechanical knowledge
- Millwright experience would be an asset.
- Ability to work in an environment of changing priorities.
- Ability to work 40 + hours per week.
- We offer a competitive base salary, extended health and dental coverage, online physicians, life insurance, long-term disability insurance, employee and family assistance program and a company pension plan.
Interested candidates can send their resume to RH-HR@alpaequipment.com or call Carole Landry at 1-506-826-6366.