Field Technician/Shop Mechanic | Fredericton, N.B.
A.L.P.A. Equipment is an Authorized Heavy Equipment Dealer for the world’s largest and most trusted names in construction and forestry equipment, such as: Ponsse, Hyundai Construction, JCB Construction, Terex | Fuchs, Landrich, and Rotobec.
Position Title: Field Technician/Shop Mechanic
Role and Purpose: Under the supervision of the Service Manager, the Field Technician/Shop Mechanic will be responsible to troubleshoot and repair forestry and construction equipment, working both at the company shop and at various locations or work sites.
- Work at company shop and travel to work sites to perform maintenance or repairs to equipment
- Diagnose, troubleshoot and repair forestry and construction equipment with the use of electronic diagnostic tools and calibration devices
- Test parts and systems to ensure that they are working properly
- Follow checklists to ensure that all critical parts are examined
- Test and lubricate the vehicle’s engine and other major components
- Perform basic care and maintenance, including oil changes, tune-ups, etc.
- Use testing equipment to ensure that repairs and maintenance are effective
- Overhaul and test machines or equipment to ensure operating efficiency
- Repair or replace worn parts
- Disassemble and reassemble parts
- Make recommendations on future repair or maintenance requirements
Working Conditions: Full-time – 40 plus hours/week, Overtime will be required
- High School Diploma and completion of or enrolled in a mechanic journeyman certification program
- Computer skills
- Other combinations of work/education equivalence may be considered.
- Sound mechanical knowledge
- Millwright experience would be an asset.
If you are committed to excellence, have high energy, are determined to succeed and interested in working in a rewarding team environment, we would like to speak with you.
We offer a competitive base salary, extended health and dental coverage, company pension plan, long-term disability, life insurance, and an employee & family assistance program.
Interested candidates should forward their resume to RH-HR@alpaequipment.com
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.