Shop Foreman | Fredericton, N.B.
Join our dynamic growing company that has been serving Atlantic Canada and Eastern Quebec since 1976.
A.L.P.A. Equipment is an Authorized Heavy Equipment Dealer for the world’s largest and most trusted names in construction and forestry equipment, such as: Ponsse, Hyundai Construction, JCB Construction, Terex | Fuchs, Landrich, and Rotobec
Organization: ALPA Equipment Company Limited
Position Title: Shop Foreman Fredericton
Role and Purpose:
Under the supervision of the Service Manager, the Shop Foreman will be responsible to coordinate and supervise operations of the Service Department.
The Shop Foreman is responsible to:
• Work at company shop and travel to work sites to perform & supervise maintenance or repairs to equipment
• Supervise operations and employees in the Service Department which would include, coaching, scheduling, monitor attendance, conflict resolution & training
• Assign jobs or tasks to all Mechanics and Field Technicians in conjunction with the Service Manager
• Diagnose, trouble shoot and repair forestry and construction equipment with the use of electronic diagnostic tools and calibration devices
• Assist Mechanics in troubleshooting or resolving problems
• Communicate with customers to resolve issues or explain repair details
• Ensure jobs or work orders are completed in a timely manner
• Coordinate with the Parts Department to ensure proper parts required are available to perform repairs
• Make recommendations on future repair or maintenance requirements
• Provide quotes for maintenance work
• Disassemble and/or rebuild parts
• Oversees Health & Safety in shop to ensure that all policies and practices are applied correctly.
Working Conditions: Full-time - 40 hours/week
Overtime will be required
• High School Diploma and completion of or enrolled in a mechanic journeyman certification program
• Other combinations of work/education equivalence may be considered.
• Computer skills
• Sound mechanical knowledge
• Supervisor Experience
• Millwright experience would be an asset.
If you are committed to excellence, have high energy, are determined to succeed, and interested in working in a rewarding team environment, we would like to speak with you.
We offer a competitive base salary, extended health and dental coverage, company pension plan, long-term disability, life insurance, and an employee & family assistance program.
Interested candidates should forward their resume to RH-HR@alpaequipment.com
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.