Shop Foreman | Fredericton
A.L.P.A. Equipment is an Authorized Heavy Equipment Dealer for the world’s largest and most trusted names in construction and forestry equipment, such as: Ponsse, Hyundai Construction, JCB Construction, Terex | Fuchs, Landrich, and Rotobec
Organization: ALPA Equipment Company Limited
Position Title: Shop Foreman Fredericton
Role and Purpose:
Under the supervision of the Service Manager, the Shop Foreman will be responsible to coordinate and supervise operations of the Service Department.
The Shop Foreman is responsible to:
• Work at company shop and travel to work sites to perform & supervise maintenance or repairs to equipment
• Supervise operations and employees in the Service Department which would include, coaching, scheduling, monitor attendance, conflict resolution & training
• Assign jobs or tasks to all Mechanics and Field Technicians in conjunction with the Service Manager
• Diagnose, trouble shoot and repair forestry and construction equipment with the use of electronic diagnostic tools and calibration devices
• Assist Mechanics in troubleshooting or resolving problems
• Communicate with customers to resolve issues or explain repair details
• Ensure jobs or work orders are completed in a timely manner
• Coordinate with the Parts Department to ensure proper parts required are available to perform repairs
• Make recommendations on future repair or maintenance requirements
• Provide quotes for maintenance work
• Disassemble and/or rebuild parts
• Oversees Health & Safety in shop to ensure that all policies and practices are applied correctly.
Working Conditions: Full-time - 40 hours/week
Overtime will be required
• High School Diploma and completion of or enrolled in a mechanic journeyman certification program
• Other combinations of work/education equivalence may be considered.
• Computer skills
• Sound mechanical knowledge
• Supervisor Experience
• Millwright experience would be an asset.
If you are committed to excellence, have high energy, are determined to succeed, and interested in working in a rewarding team environment, we would like to speak with you.
We offer a competitive base salary, extended health and dental coverage, company pension plan, long-term disability, life insurance, and an employee & family assistance program.
Interested candidates should forward their resume to RH-HR@alpaequipment.com
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.