Machinist | Eel River Crossing, N.B.
Position Title: Machinist
Join a young and ambitious team in its quest to become a major manufacturer of mobile forestry machine. The current goal of tripling the machine production by the year 2025 requires the involvement of determined and skilled staff. The candidate will be part of machining specific parts and also to custom repairs
- Troubleshoot various repair job
- Read and interpret engineering drawings, blueprints, charts and tables or study sample parts to determine machining operation to be performed, and plan best sequence of operations
- Set up, operate, and maintain a variety of machine tools
- Fit and assemble machined metal parts and subassemblies using hand and power tools
- Verify dimensions of products for accuracy and conformance to specifications using precision measuring instruments
- Participate in design reviews
Completion of high school is required
Completion of a four-year apprenticeship program
Or a combination of over four years of work experience in the trade and some college or industry courses in machining
Bilingualism (written & spoken) would be an asset for this position
Eye for quality and detail oriented
Creativity, technical curiosity
Critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
Working Conditions: Full-time – 40 plus hours/week, Overtime will be required
Very attractive career opportunity, with access to a vast forestry equipment knowledge base, thanks to the company’s long experience, in an environment that values accountability and teamwork.
If you are committed to excellence, have high energy, are determined to succeed, and interested in working in a rewarding team environment, we would like to speak with you.
We offer a competitive base salary, extended health and dental coverage, company pension plan, long-term disability, life insurance, and an employee & family assistance program.
Interested candidates should forward their resume to RH-HR@alpaequipment.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.