Field Technician (Heavy Equipment)
Organization: A.L.P.A. Equipment Ltd.
Position Title: Field Technician
Reports to: Service Manager
Branch Location: Balmoral, N.B.
Role and Purpose:
Under the supervision of the Service Manager, the Field Technician will be responsible to troubleshoot and repair forestry and construction equipment at various locations or work sites.
This position requires the ability to multitask and be able to function in a fast-evolving work environment.
The Field Technician is responsible to:
• Travel to work sites to perform maintenance or repairs to equipment
• Diagnose, troubleshoot, and repair forestry and construction equipment with the use of electronic diagnostic tools and calibration devices
• Test parts and systems to ensure that they are working properly
• Follow checklists to ensure that all critical parts are examined
• Repair or replace worn parts
• Disassemble and reassemble parts
• Make recommendations on future repairs or maintenance requirements
Working Conditions: Full-time - 40 hours/week, Overtime will be required
• High School Diploma and completion of or enrolled in a mechanic journeyman certification program
• Computer skills
• Other combinations of work/education equivalence may be considered.
• Sound mechanical knowledge
• Knowledge of equipment inspection procedures
• Ability to operate required tools in a safe and responsible manner
• Ability to maintain and repair a wide variety of equipment
• Ability to operate heavy equipment
If you believe you are a good fit for a fast paced, challenging work environment, please submit your resume to:
A.L.P.A. Equipment Ltd.
258 Drapeau St. Balmoral, NB
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.