Engineer or Engineering Technician in Manufacturing
A.Landry Fabrication is an innovative and thriving company specializing in the design and manufacture of forestry equipment. The Landrich Tracked Harvester is its flagship product.
Located in Eel River Crossing, this company is growing its team and is looking for a person to fill the full-time position of Engineer or Engineering Technician in Manufacturing
Join a young and ambitious team which has carved its place in the market by innovating and redefining the performance of forestry machines. The current goal is doubling its machine production by the year 2025, this requires the involvement of determined and skilled staff.
POSITION TITLE: Engineer or Engineering Technician in Manufacturing
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing mechanical engineering support to the product development team and manufacturing operations within a concurrent engineering context, you will be directly involved in the fabrication and assembly processes,
• Work in close collaboration with company suppliers and subcontractors
• Assist departments with technical support in resolving new and ongoing challenges
• Generate quality technical illustrations and instructions for the fabricators and assemblers
• Assist in the maintenance and updates of the product documentation such as the spare parts manual
• Participate in design reviews
• Conduct quality assurance and quality control for fabricated parts, purchased components, and product assembly
• Transition concepts and new designs into shop drawings and manufacturing instructions using multiple state of the art CAD software’s
• B.Sc. in mechanical engineering with 2 to 5 years of relevant experience, or a mechanical engineering technology diploma or a equivalent combination of education and relevant experience
• Very good knowledge of CAD software (advanced assembly, >1000 parts, detailed drawings)
• Good understanding of the manufacturing processes involved in making a product
• Willingness to go the ‘extra mile’ to support the product, and fellow employees
• Experience with SolidWorks is considered an asset
• Bilingualism (written & spoken) would be an asset for this position.
• Marked interest in the mobile heavy equipment sector
• Creativity, technical curiosity, and team spirit
• Resourceful and must be self-motivated, results oriented and prepared to work efficiently in a dynamic environment.
• We offer a competitive base salary
• Overtime hours available
• Extended Health & Dental coverage
• Life & Disability Insurance
• Pension Plan
• Doctor's online
• Employee Family Assistant Program
WORKING CONDITIONS: Full-time – 43 hours/week
Very attractive career opportunity, with access to a vast mobile equipment knowledge base (construction and forestry), thanks to the company’s long experience, in an environment that values accountability and teamwork.
If you are committed to excellence, have high energy, are determined to succeed, and interested in working in a rewarding team environment, we would like to speak with you.
Interested candidates should forward their resume to RH-HR@alpaequipment.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.