BI Developer & Reporting Designer | Balmoral, N.B.
BI Developer & Reporting Designer
Balmoral Head office Location
The BI & Report Designer creates multiple reports for the company and plays a vital role in fulfilling its reporting requirements. Manage all BI production across multiple data sources.
The designer collects, monitors, analyzes, and reports on all data generated by ALPA Equipment's numerous systems. Additionally, they are responsible for maintaining data integrity and governance, and supporting information system data collection initiatives.
- Conceptualize, create, and maintain Dashboards & Reports in the company's BI Tool.
- Participates in the project to migrate existing Excel reports to the BI Tool (TARGIT).
- Maintenance of various existing utility reports (Excel, Power Query).
- Manages & administers the company's BI tool (TARGIT).
- Create technical documentation for the company BI tools.
- Set business requirements for BI tools.
- Perform any other assigned duties (User’s application support & troubleshooting)
Education, experience, and skills required
- University or college degree in computer science, information technology in business administration.
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma in computer science or information technology, business administration or related discipline
- 1-3 years of experience in data collection, data extraction and analysis, data visualization, report development, and database system administration.
- Experience with data analysis and preparation, including significant experience with very large data sets and semi-structured data.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel (using ODBC connections to different types of databases, Interact with Macros)
- Experience with SQL using enterprise database platforms (IBM Db2, MS SQL, MySQL, RedShift) (Mostly in retrievable mode)
- Experience with BI/Dashboarding tools such as Tableau/Power BI a plus (we use TARGIT).
- Experience with database development and data model design (a plus).
- Demonstration of business competencies: Customer focus, results orientation, integrity, and teamwork.
- Demonstrated experience in managing projects, successfully delivering on time and as planned.
- Excellent ability to collaborate and work with diverse groups.
- Strong analytical, communication, technical, and problem-solving skills.
- High level of attention to detail to ensure the integrity of the data.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with, train, and support individual users of the system.
- A commitment to quality customer service and the ability to work flexibly and comfortably in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to manage competing priorities and multi-task.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision.
- In accordance with ALPA internal policies, must demonstrate a strong commitment to maintaining confidentiality.
- Ability to work 40 + hours per week.
- Ability to work in an environment of changing priorities.
- We offer a competitive base salary, supplemental medical and dental coverage, online physicians, long-term disability insurance, life insurance, employee and family assistance program and a company pension plan.
Interested candidates can send their resume to RH-HR@alpaequipment.com or call Carole Landry at 1-506-826-6366.